MRTU Architect Project Summary
Comply with emerging California Independent Systems Operators (CA-ISO) Market Redesign and Technology Upgrade (MRTU) program. while ensuring that the solution adheres to the company's emerging Enterprise Architecture standards with specific focus on the following:
- Ensure the technical architecture is adequate to meet the compliance projects needs
- Work with the various IT development groups to ensure requirements are met and delivered within the company's existing and emerging IT standards
- Document the architecturally significant aspects of the system as views that describe requirements, design, implementation, and deployment.
Our client, the largest gas and electric utility company in northern and central California servicing over 15 million customers, was mandated by the FERC and CPUC to comply with the California Independent Systems Operators (CA-ISO) Market Redesign and Technology Upgrade (MRTU) program. The MRTU program touches nearly every business activity in the electric procurement business process.
As lead Architect, worked across more then twenty (20) workstreams and managed a team of three (3) full-time technical architects (TAs). The TAs worked with the functional and technical teams to ensure adherence to various Enterprise standards, implementing a best of bread application solution set.
Assembled a best of bread application suite across multiple work streams integrating Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) applications with custom applications.
Technologies used to complete project objectives were:
- BEA Enterprise Service Bus
- BEA WebLogic Server
- IBM AIX 5.x
- IBM Java 1.4.x
- Infragistics GUI Framework
- MicroSoft SharePoint
- MicroSoft SQL Server, 2003
- MicroSoft Visual Studio, CSharp
- MicroSoft Windows 64-bit, Enterprise Edition
- Oracle RDBMS 9i
- PCI's GenManager
- The Structure Group's nMarket
- Sparx Systems, Enterprise Architect
by Mike Conneen